You are not logged in!

To be able to post and vote in polls you need to login or register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not logged in!

To be able to post and vote in polls you need to login or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7

+2
Ozever
Stannaz99
6 posters

Go down

What should get reset?

Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Vote_lcap13%Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Vote_lcap25%Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Vote_lcap25%Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Vote_lcap37%Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 16

Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Empty Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7

Post by Stannaz99 Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:03 am

The factions world is getting enormously large(around 11.5gb) and this is causing server lag. There is also a fair amount of illegit items out there, as a lot of you know. In 1.7 there will be new biomes. So, me, and a few other players have considered resetting the factions world. I will probably be adding the WorldBorder plugin to restrict the world size, this will massively help with lag + people intending to crash the server.

Another thing that needs addressing is the Skyblock world. The plugin is outdated, and doesn't work sometimes, returning errors - So I will be getting a new, better, active plugin for Skyblock. There is also land chunks in there from when the generator broke(again...). So, I personally considered resetting the Skyblock world too.

I want to hear your opinions, please vote in the above poll.

Last edited by Stannaz99 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Stannaz99
Admin

http://stannaz99.net

Back to top Go down

Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Empty Re: Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7

Post by Ozever Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 am

Skyblock is rather derelict and not many people play it. The same goes for SG, although SG takes up a tiny world size. The skyblock world, in my opinion, definitely needs thinking about, like the reset or the destruction of Skyblock all together:)

Ozever

Back to top Go down

Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Empty Re: Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7

Post by SamuriSlime Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:18 am

I think factions should have not too small of a border limit to be raided easily on, but not too hard to the fact of where you cannot raid anyone for like 1 month straight, which is what I find factions to be like now. I honestly think the idea of Towny on a seperate world is a good idea, even though I never play it. I kind of liked the no-border limit on Stancraft because it was fun to explore, but I think raiding is a lot better than exploring. I really don't know which side i'm on, border limit, or not, and I think lots of people can agree on this Razz Anyways, that's my thoughts.

SamuriSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Well I haven't voted but, I prefer a new factions world, New biomes are nice so why not implementing them into the server? also, i agree. The world is getting way to big, this size of world requires a better server, more ram to keep it on without lagg, I have seen the server running on low ram for a long time, and yup it causes lagg. I don`t know how long it has been that the factions world got a reset but I say, in the matter of fun playing: reset it, get the new biomes in, a world border not too small but also not way to big. towny nah towny/factions well choose, i still prefer factions the most. It`s the easiest plugin, towny is harder the learn. and ofc, more worlds is more lagg.

so to wrap this all up to a short story:
A factions world reset + worldborder not to small not way to big, no towny but keepin factions.

Grtz:
Ben (superboer53)
Ben
Ben

http://forum.stancraft.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GeeSplit Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Resetting the factions world now is pretty useless if 1.7 comes out in a month or two.
You'll have to reset it again in order for the new biomes to occur.
WorldBorder is good, but like everyone saying here, not too small of a world, but not too big.
Skyblock world needs reset and better plugin of course, I don't think a lot of people have great
stuff in that world.
Should we add a towns plugin? Will it be worth it? Maybe we get new players with it, but I have no
idea.

GeeSplit

Back to top Go down

Post by Stannaz99 Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:41 am

SamuriSlime wrote:I think factions should have not too small of a border limit to be raided easily on, but not too hard to the fact of where you cannot raid anyone for like 1 month straight, which is what I find factions to be like now. I honestly think the idea of Towny on a seperate world is a good idea, even though I never play it. I kind of liked the no-border limit on Stancraft because it was fun to explore, but I think raiding is a lot better than exploring. I really don't know which side i'm on, border limit, or not, and I think lots of people can agree on this :PAnyways, that's my thoughts.
It will be big enough to not get raided all the time, and to explore, but will be small enough for the server to not lag.
GeeSplit wrote:Resetting the factions world now is pretty useless if 1.7 comes out in a month or two.
You'll have to reset it again in order for the new biomes to occur.
WorldBorder is good, but like everyone saying here, not too small of a world, but not too big.
Skyblock world needs reset and better plugin of course, I don't think a lot of people have great
stuff in that world.
Should we add a towns plugin? Will it be worth it? Maybe we get new players with it, but I have no
idea.
Obviously... lol - It's gonna be reset after 1.7.

Stannaz99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuriSlime Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 am

[quote="Stannaz99"]
SamuriSlime wrote:I think factions should have not too small of a border limit to be raided easily on, but not too hard to the fact of where you cannot raid anyone for like 1 month straight, which is what I find factions to be like now. I honestly think the idea of Towny on a seperate world is a good idea, even though I never play it. I kind of liked the no-border limit on Stancraft because it was fun to explore, but I think raiding is a lot better than exploring. I really don't know which side i'm on, border limit, or not, and I think lots of people can agree on this :PAnyways, that's my thoughts.
It will be big enough to not get raided all the time, and to explore, but will be small enough for the server to not lag.

I know, but it would be cool if there was some sort of way to maybe expand the border limit once in while? That would be a cool feature to have.

SamuriSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Stannaz99 Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:47 am

SamuriSlime wrote:
Stannaz99 wrote:

I know, but it would be cool if there was some sort of way to maybe expand the border limit once in while? That would be a cool feature to have.
Seems possible.. I'll look into it.

Where the world gets expanded say 1000blocks per month, or 100 per day or something. Then have a final limit or 80k or so blocks on the border, because we don't want the server lag back, that's why the reset was made.

Stannaz99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Regarding the reset of worlds + 1.7 Empty Hello

Post by Bazzaliqbal123 Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Stannaz99 wrote:
SamuriSlime wrote:
Stannaz99 wrote:

Seems possible.. I'll look into it.

Where the world gets expanded say 1000blocks per month, or 100 per day or something. Then have a final limit or 80k or so blocks on the border, because we don't want the server lag back, that's why the reset was made.

Bazzaliqbal123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down